Tuesday, March 19, 2013

jinja on my mind.

I am so sorry that I have been MIA lately! The truth is: I have some HUGE news to share, but it is not yet time to share it - but soon, my friends, soon! There are a few more people who need to hear this news from me before I go public with it. On one hand, there is much happening, but on the other hand, I'm stuck in the waiting phase. It's a very strange feeling to be caught in the middle of these extremes!

I have been thinking about Bridget and Liti a lot lately. I have not heard from them, so I am wondering whether they have even gotten my letters. I pray that God delivered the cards safely into their hands, and that He would somehow remind them of how much I love them and am praying for them. Please keep them in your prayers. I haven't heard a thing about any of the children from Canaan's, and unfortunately, no news is not always good news...

Thankfully, I hear a lot about Sam! Damalie is pretty great about sending updates by email, and I so look forward to them! Sam turned one in December and started walking soon after that - apparently he is waddling all over the place! A team from Voices for the Voiceless just returned from Jinja where they spent time at Sangaalo as well as some other children's homes, and you can bet that I followed their blog religiously to hear some (any!) news! Sam was sick while they were there but luckily they had a doctor on their team, so he was able to give some sound advice about what to do to ensure a quick recovery. I had to laugh, though, when I read that Sam was still so active and had a big appetite even as sick as he was - that's my boy!! Here is a relatively new picture of him -- don't you want to just kiss those cheeks??


No comments:

Post a Comment