Wednesday, October 3, 2012

nine days away from Uganda!

I am officially nine days away from being in Uganda - AHHH!! I am extremely excited... and maybe a little bit nervous too, but it's the good kind of nervous! I've been spending my days trying to wrap things up at work, seeing that my last day here is a mere two days before I leave for the trip, so it's kind of funny to note that my thoughts about Uganda have been showing up in my dreams each night!

I went to Target this past weekend to purchase everything on VO's official "Packing List", and $200 later, I've got everything that I could possibly need while I'm there! In addition, the medical team and nursing staff at the Children's Hospital have been helping Courtney and I gather medical supplies to bring over, too, so we sat down yesterday to figure out how we're going to get all of this stuff over to Jinja!

And here's something that's pretty cool:
About a year and a half ago, I was working with a very sweet family whose little one was a patient on my unit. One of the mother's main supports was a volunteer for World Relief. Because we were both so involved with helping this family, we got to know each other better and found that we both have a passion for Africa. I just found out today that this friend has been living in Kampala since August and will be there until November, so we're going to try to meet up one day while we're both there!

Okay. That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll write again before we leave! Say some prayers for my team members - we've all been feeling like we're under spiritual attack lately, so pray for our continued protection and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment