Monday, October 29, 2012

feeling helpless.

I started my new job today and it went extremely well - though all things Africa were close to the surface the entire day. While I was reading through the HR handbook, I found myself taking mental notes about adoption and day care benefits. You know, just in case ;)

I miss those sweet kids so much. Part of me feels like I just abandoned them in their time of need. We found out some pretty terrible things right before we left about one of the orphanages we worked at, and knowing about these things made it all the more difficult to leave. I feel helpless. I don't know what to do to help them now that I am back in the States - aside from pray, of course. But sadly, sometimes that doesn't feel like its enough, you know? Even though it IS. I pray for direction on my own behalf, I pray for protection and courage on the children's behalf, and meanwhile I sit and wait to hear from the Lord about the steps I need to take next.

Coming back takes more courage than going in the first place, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment