Tuesday, May 29, 2012

provision.

This morning I was feeling really anxious about coming up with the full amount for the trip to Uganda. Logically, I know that all anxiety is unnecessary anxiety since God's got it all in His hands, but sometimes that logic takes a little time to travel to the heart. Especially in my case. I've got until August to come up with the majority of the funds, so why am I worrying about it now? I texted one of my sweet friends and asked her to give me some good verses about God's provision. She sent me the following:
Philippians 4:19 - "God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Malachi 3:10 - "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows."

Genesis 22:14 - "Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah Jireh [The Lord Will Provide], as it is said to this day, 'In the mount of the Lord it will be provided.'"
And so, in the middle of my work day, I laid down my head on my desk and prayed these verses. I prayed that God would take away my anxiety about these finances and that He would provide the funds needed to help me get to Uganda.

Fast forward just three hours later. I was walking back to my office from one of my patient's rooms when a friend stopped me and asked if I still needed money for the trip... and then she told me that she would like to give this month's tithe toward it.

I am absolutely floored by God's provision. And I am astounded at my friend's generosity. I am incredibly thankful. And in giving thanks to God, I heard Him tell me not to worry - as always, He will continue to provide. My job is to listen and to trust.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment