Wednesday, January 2, 2013

one word 2013.

For the past few years, my friends and I have joined the One Word movement. For those of you who haven't heard of it, let me explain:

"Forget New Year’s Resolutions. Scrap that long list of goals you won’t remember three weeks from now anyway. Choose just one word. One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long. It will take intentionality and commitment, but if you let it, your word will shape you and your year. It will guide your decisions and help you grow. Discover the big impact one word can make. One word. 365 days. A changed life."**

Last year, my word was BLESSINGS. 2011 was full of tough stuff, and I was determined to find the blessing in everything during 2012. The biggest blessing, however, was Africa and how it completely and utterly changed my life.

This year, I am choosing the word PATIENCE - not necessarily because I want to (you know the joke about asking God for patience: He will give you circumstances that require it of you!) but because my spirit knows already that it will be a theme throughout the year.

Part of me dreads this, as I am, by nature, a horribly impatient person. But the other part of me is excited because it is a necessary part of the journey that will lead to a wonderful end. I am choosing to focus on the latter. With patience comes hope, and hope is my life's theme. (See? It all ties together!)

What is your One Word for 2013? I will be praying for you throughout your journey.




** For more information, go to www.oneword365.com or to www.gritandglory.com

3 comments:

  1. My one word is PRAY...as I believe by praying all good/great things will and can happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a brave soul, lauren. (or is it claire?) (heh.)

    looking forward to the new ways we can journey together this year now that we're "real" friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking for patience sounds pretty dangerous.

    Epiphany is my word for 2013. I'm excited to see God revealed in new ways in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete