Wednesday, December 5, 2012

faith as small as a mustard seed.

I usually try not to pray for miracles in my own life. For others, yes, but not for myself. Why? Well, I try to protect myself from being disappointed in God. The last time I dared to pray such a "big" prayer, miracles did not occur like I had hoped, and it not only left me heartbroken and hurting (for years), but it also deeply affected my trust in the Lord. He has graciously worked with me since then to teach me how to trust Him once more, and though it is better, I confess that I still struggle with it. I am thankful that He understands and loves me anyway.

But now, for the second time in my life, I am daring to pray for BIG things. Things that, if they come to pass, could only be described as miracles. I am scared to take even this step of faith, but at least now I realize that the outcome will be amazing no matter what happens; God's will is going to be done, even if things don't come out as I hope.

And so I continue to see how Africa has changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment