Friday, May 18, 2012

getting to know the team.

I am so impressed with the leaders of our trip! It is amazing how they are so on top of things - which is something that this Type A girl loves! They have created a Facebook group so that we can all get to know each other, and I've been checking out the other team members' profiles to soak up whatever information I can, since we'll be spending two weeks in Jinja together - I realize that this sounds kind of stalkerish, but it's done with the best of intentions, I promise! Anyway, a few of us have decided to do Kelly Minter's bible study on the book of Nehemiah to prepare for the trip, and after looking it over, I'm extremely excited to dive right in!

I forgot to mention that my darling friend Courtney has decided to come on this trip with me! She just got back from Uganda and Ethiopia a few weeks ago and she absolutely fell in love with these kiddos, so she's heading back! We had talked about going on a trip together about a year ago, and I have to say that I never thought I'd be going on one so soon. God works in wonderful ways, doesn't He?

No comments:

Post a Comment